Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Remembering a friend

We had a good friend pass away last week.  She was only 59 years old and appeared to be in good health and then all of a sudden she was gone.  Talking to my wife and thinking about our friend, I tried to capture my thoughts in a couple of poems.  The first was written from the persceptive of our friend, the second from the perspective of the one she left behind.

You’re Grieving



I know that you are grieving
Don’t think of me as leaving
Think of me as somewhere down the road
Ahead of you, preparing
That life that we’ll be sharing
Once we leave our earth abode
I know that there’ll be crying
With my far too soon goodbying
But I really don’t want you to be sad
You’ll always have my love and
I’ll be watching from above and
Remembering the good times that we had
So grieve, then go on living
Loving and forgiving
Knowing that our true love will not die
And I will be here waiting
Greatly anticipating
Until we’re back together by and by

Mdailey 4/18/10

Mountain in the Road



How can I bear the load
There’s a mountain in the road
A mountain that appeared when you were gone
And it makes the road I travel
All my life plans to unravel
And makes me wonder how I can go on


Oh, I know I’ll take it step by step
In spite of all the tears I wept
I’ll find a way to make it ore’ the mound
And I’ll take it all in stride
Till I’m on the other side
And finally living back on level ground


And someday looking back
Along my life long track
I’ll realize my life did not implode
But you’re leaving is so haunting
And to go on is so daunting
You see, you left a mountain in the road

Mdailey 4/18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment