Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Saw an Angel

With the passing of a friend, I thought of this poem I wrote a while back as a comfort to a co-worker who had lost his wife.  I thought I would share it with all of you.

 And then at once, I saw an angel
Sitting there as if at rest
I thought my lord, where have you gone
I loved you so, you loved me best
 The stone was rolled back from the tomb front
There in your place, an angel sat
He said don’t fear, he has arisen
If you’ll recall, he told you that


Thus did the Bible tell the story
Of our lord’s defeat of death
Twas truth back then as is today
Still takes away my very breath


And so today I think about him
And the love that we all share
As I sit here close by your bedside
Holding hands in silent prayer


You lived a life but now it’s ending
There’s still so much I’d like to say
But in silence I’ll just stay here
Close my eyes, I kneel and pray


And then at once, I saw an angel
Sitting there as if at rest
I thought my lord, where have you gone
I loved you so, God loved you best

Mdailey   05/14/08

No comments:

Post a Comment