Friday, August 13, 2010

A Woodsy Stream

I wrote this a little over a year ago but never posted it.

Life is like a woodsy stream that constantly is flowing
You’re just a bubble in that stream not knowing where you’re going
Twists and turns come suddenly and catch you unaware
But you ride upon the current; the twists and turns your fare
When rocks and logs get in the way, you somehow flow around them
You don’t let yourself get bogged down with the drama that surrounds them
The stream’s sometimes so quiet; you can almost hear things think
Then all at once it gets so loud your eyes begin to blink
And then it changes once again for no un-Godly reason
And this goes on for years and years and season after season
And there are bigger things my friends that come upon the stream
Disrupting how the water flows; disturbing all your dreams
Then in a fleeting moment you look and they are gone
And just like that you realize that you too have moved on
Sure you’ll come upon some rapids and perhaps a waterfall
Just bask in the excitement; don’t freeze in fear and stall
At times you’ll find a quiet pond and stay right there awhile
But the winds will change and in a bit you’ll have gone another mile
My stream’s down to a trickle but I know it’s not the end
The winds will change and pretty soon I’ll be off around the bend
I don’t know where it will take me, but I won’t be denied
I can’t wait to see what’s next; I’ve so enjoyed this ride

Mdailey - 7/3/09

No comments:

Post a Comment