Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Garden Gate

I was unable to write a new poem for this week. I have a theme and some thoughts rattling around in my head for a new poem but the words just are not coming. So this week I am sending you one I wrote a while back. It was originally part of a longer one but I split it into two poems as the two parts did not mesh all that well I only had to tweak it a little to stand alone. I don’t recall circulating this one before. It is short and to the point without my usual ramblings. If you like it pass it on to someone else.


Every day in every life you come to that fork in the road
Turn left or turn right it all depends upon the weight of your load
Take the one more traveled; in case you may break down
If you doubt your mode of travel - if your faith is not that sound
Or take the road less traveled, its narrow but it’s straight
It leads to where you want to go, straight to the garden gate


The Bible is your guide book with key turns pointed out
From the Garden to the desert and wanderings all about
With the simplest of guidelines – just listen to the Lord
He ask no more of any man than what he can afford
Love each man as your brother; let there be none you hate
And you will find your savior waiting at the garden gate

Mdailey 2/19/08

No comments:

Post a Comment