Monday, January 11, 2010

Isaiah 43:1

Sometimes when I listen to a sermon, I get to thinking about how I feel about the topic or the objective of the sermon and start composing a poem to capture my thoughts.  I think of these as my own little prayers and I would love to share them with all of you.  Let me know what you think of them.

Isaiah 43:1  (I have called you by name – you are mine)

I have a name
Not that given at birth
That means more to me
Than all things here on earth
A Michael or John
I mean – what is that worth
He has called me by name
I am His


Yes, I’ve had a name
Since I met the Lord
And now He and I
Are of one accord
That following Him
Is the greatest reward
He has called me by name
I am His


His – as an example
Not just a façade
His – as a beacon
His own dowsing rod
His – as in brother
Together in God
He has called me by name
I am His


Christian’s the name
Of which I am proud
It separates me
From the worldly crowd
So just call me Christian
And say it out loud
He has called me by name
I am His

Mdailey 01/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment