Monday, March 29, 2010

I Remember Easter

I Remember – Easter  -  I am not sure this qualifies as a spiritual poem or not but it shows that I have mixed memories of Easter - some of them very secular and some more mundane.  Some from early childhood and some from a more grown up perspective.  What is it you remember about Easter?

I remember
Mom’s big hat
Where we sat
At Easter
I remember
New church shoes
Old church pews
At Easter
I remember
Moms and sisters
New shoe blisters
At Easter
I remember
Pure white dresses
Summer tresses
At Easter
I remember
Festive bonnet
Flowers upon it
At Easter
I remember

Flowered purses
Bible verses
At Easter
I remember
Choirs sang
Church bells rang
At Easter
I remember
Peter Rabbit
Nuns in habit
At Easter
I remember
Fake green grass
Latin Mass
At Easter
I remember
Dressing up
The wine and cup
At Easter
I remember
World and heaven
Bread unleavened
At Easter
I remember
Hidden treasure
Love unmeasured
At Easter
I remember
Flowers bloom
The empty tomb
At Easter
I remember
Candy sweet
Satan’s defeat
At Easter
I remember
Spiral ham
The great I AM
At Easter
I remember
Our Lord Jesus
How he freed us
At Easter

Mdailey 3/22/10

1 comment:

  1. I remember a lot of those same things - some from decades ago, some from 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the reminders Mike.

    ReplyDelete